Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Heavy Hitters!</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

"Jailed Tri-State" a newspaper about the Busted

TALK ABOUT MOST THINGS HERE THAT PROMOTE DEBATE. MOST TOPICS HERE SHOULD BE OF A LOCAL NATURE. USE THE FORUMS BELOW IF MORE APPROPRIATE

"Jailed Tri-State" a newspaper about the Busted

Postby Jerry » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:41 am

A new publication is hitting news stands in gas stations and convenient stores and it features criminals in our region. "Jailed Tri-State" is targeting people recently arrested for crimes ranging from D.U.I. to sex offenders and even fugitives.

The publisher, Mark Thompson, says it's a good way to deter people from breaking the law, but some folks we spoke with have mixed reactions about mug shots going public at the check-out counter.

Steve Chinn says, "As far as a D.U.I. mug shot, I don't think that should be plastered in the paper. Now, sex offenders and fugitives are a whole other story."

Chinn's father says, "I think it's a great idea. Now we know who these people are and where they live and I would feel safer."

Carie McComas says, "I'm not saying I've had a D.U.I. but how would publicizing an offender's photo here matter?"

Thompson says, "If you don't drink and drive, you don't have to worry about your photo getting published. Twenty-five hundred people are killed everyday from drunk drivers, so if you get a D.U.I., having your picture in here is the last thing you should have to worry about."

Thompson says he sells his "Jailed Tri-State" publications at 150 different locations across the region. Thompson says, "I've found there's more crime here than in southern California."

Thompson is a Marshall University graduate and moved out west several years ago where he began his publication. He says as crime continues to soar in our region, he'll keep adding mug shots to his paper every two weeks.

As these photos and arrest records have been available on the internet for years, it will be interesting to see how this newspaper goes....
Jerry
Site Admin

Re: "Jailed Tri-State" a newspaper about the Busted

Postby P.E. » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:56 am

this has been around the Charleston area for over a year, but few people have been buying them.
P.E.
Heavy Hitter!

Re: "Jailed Tri-State" a newspaper about the Busted

Postby josiewales » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:42 am

P.E. wrote:this has been around the Charleston area for over a year, but few people have been buying them.

As far as few buying this publication, It's possible this publisher Mark Thompson is recieving state grant money as did the
Graffiti magazine that was owned by New York native Michael Lipton .

Then there is the question of where and how does publisher Mark Thompson obtain his documentation on these arrests ? The state of West Va already has a website for this type of information.

( One of my replys on this subject )..

I definitely have a problem with publishing pictures of people arrested for crimes. How many times is someone found not guilty for reasons ranging from they didn't do it to it being a police setup? Is the Mr. Thompson going to accept responsibility for publishing a subsequent publication stating that the person was exonerated and giving the facts?

John .....Attorney........Los Angles, California..
josiewales
Heavy Hitter!

Return to LOCAL AND STATE TOPICS

suspicion-preferred